Stuffed Butternut Squash
I was watching The Chew like I do, and Michael Symon had the idea for stuffed butternut squash! Mind blown! Duh, why haven't I thought of this! So even though the concept isn't mine, here is my take on it! Check it out, its good!
Ingredients Serves 4-6
2 pounds ground beef
2 butternut squash
1 cup quinoa
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sage
1 tsp parsley
1 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut butternut squash in half length wise and take out seeds. Put squash cut side down on cookie sheet and cook at 350 F till fork tender, about 1 hour.
- Cook quinoa according to package and set aside. (i cook mine in chicken broth instead of water.)
- Brown beef on stove top, when done, drain beef of all but 2 tbsp of fat and put beef aside.
- Add fat back to frying pan and add onion and saute, once onion is translucent, and garlic and spices, stirring for 30-45 seconds
- Add beef and quinoa back into pan and stir until well combined.
- Put inside of squash and top with feta cheese and parsley
- Eat! (this is great as leftovers!)